Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Csarecruitment 33 600,00 PLN 13-03-2018
Reporting to: Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be a key member of the team on site, you have a small engineering team reporting to you and will be a key influencer across the business.
You will direct the performance of your team whilst ensuring the strategic thinking of the business is deliverable at all levels.
As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will drive continuous improvement through the operation using LEAN Manufacturing tools, such as SMED, Kaizan, KANBAN and 5 S.
This role has the best of both worlds - planning and organising all maintenance activities, including line management of the maintenance team, as well as hands-on work with our plant and equipment. It is an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
· Responsible for a number of systems including but not limited to the following: fire systems, furnaces, pumps, boilers, facilities, chillers, compressor systems and machine shop equipment.
· To allocate work and completion in accordance with the TPM schedule and production requirements, including reactive maintenance.
· Providing an element of cost, programme, safety and build ability advice on proposed maintenance and capital improvement works.
· Adherence to Statutory requirements incl. PSSR, LEV, LOLER, PUWER
· Supervising and coordinating a small maintenance team.
· Allocate and control rota of staff and maintain records
· Order materials and services, maintain records control stock
· To cover other supervisors as necessary
· Responsible for ensuring that all staff and subcontractors' response and rectification times are met and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care and without undue delay
· To keep up to date with and have an awareness of new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs
· Follow up corrective actions and implement countermeasures to minimise reoccurrence of faults
· Maintain effective Health and Safety systems, including completion of risk assessments, method statements and tool box talks where appropriate.
· Interpret the production plan and prioritise maintenance to effectively utilise resources to help deliver the plan on time and in full.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· A BEng, particularly in mechanical or production engineering is desirable for entry. Appropriate work experience is also necessary.
· Experience within a high volume manufacturing environment with strict process controls.
· Demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to be actively 'hands on' when dealing with engineering related problems.
· Registration with one of the professional institutions and ultimately qualification as a chartered or incorporated engineer is desirable.
· Strong supervisory skills.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of Health & Safety as applicable to maintenance and engineering procedures.
· Have experience of working with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
· Experience within maintenance planning.
· Excellent IT and communication skills.
· Experience of Lean production principles.
The role requires a 'can do' attitude and a resilient personality, an engineer who is prepared to take ownership and be accountable for their process
Salary: £33600 per year
To apply please send an up to date copy of you CV to email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0044-1554-746-746,0044(0)7794924864